Sunday, June 26, 2011

On The Surface

OK...most of my friends in Korea or who know someone in Korea have seen this...SO for those of you who haven't I highly recommend that you watch this (the grammar in the translated English is a bit off BUT its a must see) here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOtbhORBaY

I have seen kids like this guy....selling things on the street or subway. Can't imagine the life he lived up until now...and when I saw him on the stage I assumed he would do some K Pop or rap number  - what a pleasant surprise and boy what a voice.

This young man could have chosen to accept what life had dealt him but he felt he was worth more and so he bettered himself, all by himself.

The boys and I watched this a few times and it was especially touching to turn and have my teary eyes met by my 8 year old, also in tears. We talked about how you can't always judge a book by its cover and how every soul is valuable to our Heavenly Father....

And then I had an idea for our FHE....Johnny Lingo. The boys enjoyed the story and couldn't believe how much Mahana changed once she was treated well and realized how much she was worth.

Don't mean for this to be a FHE blog...  and I meant to write this two weeks ago....BUT I am so busy and so tired at the end of my days.

Nothing else new here.....I'll try and spice things up a bit next time!!!

And here is the link for Johnny Lingo: http://radio.lds.org/video/johnnylingo?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment